4 Ways To Become A Citizen Of The United States | Do you want to get citizenship in the United States? This article is describing the four easiest methods to get citizenship in the United States.
The US is a large and diverse country with equal opportunity. Throughout history, people from all around the world have always looked for an opportunity to immigrate to America in search of a better life.
There are many ways in which you can apply for citizenship. However, the process can be complex. Simply getting a tourist visa is a hassle in itself, let alone actually immigrating there.
Hence, if you are serious about being a citizen of America, you should carefully consider the following issues:
- Investment requirements
- Tax consequences
- Opportunity cost
Since immigration has been one of the hot topics in recent years, you can expect some of the policy changes in the immigration laws. So, keep yourself updated with all the latest immigration laws. However, you can also hire and take guidance from an immigration lawyer.
4 Ways To Become A United States Citizen
Acquisition of citizenship law is very important. The children born outside of the United States can apply for permanent residentship by four simple steps.
Here we are discussing the four legal guides to become a citizen in the United States.
By Birth Citizenship:
“All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction”. This law is helping every child who is born inside the United States is a USA citizen. The United States law is very moderate. Every child who is born in the United States is getting citizenship by birth.
If the child’s parents are not USA citizens, even though they are getting the opportunity to enjoy United States citizenship. Every child who is born under the premises of the United States is getting citizenship by birth.
Citizenship Through The Acquisition:
In many cases, we have seen the child is qualifying for citizenship by the acquisition law of the United States. The child who is born outside the United States is getting citizenship through the USA Acquisition law.
Here we are discussing some acquisition laws of the USA by which you can get USA citizenships. In both cases, if your parents were the country’s official citizens before childbirth.
You only have to fulfill the following criteria to get the citizenships.
- Both parents of the child are USA citizens. If the child’s parents are married during the time of childbirth, the child is a citizen of the USA.
- If one of the child’s parents is a USA citizen. The USA law is very moderate if your parents are not USA citizens; hence, you can apply for USA citizenship if one of your parents is a USA citizen.
Naturalization citizenship is very important to achieve US citizenship. Most of the immigrants are born outside the USA and do not have acquisition criteria. They can apply for citizenship by the naturalization process.
Here we are discussing the three basic eligibility criteria for getting the citizenships.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- The applicant has a permanent resident address. The permanent resident is only counting when you actually own the property for at least five years.
- Through the marital union, you can apply for the citizen ships. If you are married to a USA citizen. And The marital union is staying up to three years, and then you are eligible to apply for USA citizenship.
- By military services, you can apply for citizenship through the naturalization process. If one person is serving in the military services for at least one year. Therefore they are eligible to apply for the citizenships.
4. Citizenship Through The Derivation:
If the parents are applying for the citizenship program through the naturalization process. In that time, if they have a child who is under 18. And the child is living with his parents. The child automatically can get citizenship by the derivation process if the following criteria are getting fulfilled.
Here are three criteria that you have to fulfill if you want to get citizenship through the derivation process.
- The child must be a lawful resident of the United States. This means the child should have a green card holder during the time of naturalization.
- If one of the child’s parents is a USA citizen, the child can apply for citizenship.
- Or the parents of the child must have legal custody of the child. If the parents have legal and physical custody of the child hence the process is becoming smoother.
Wrapping It Up:
The citizenship program of the United States is very moderate. If you want to get citizenship fast, you have to follow all processes. But as the final steps, you have to qualify the criteria, and after your application process, you have to attend a personal interview round to get US citizenship.
In the personal interview round, American language fluency is the main parameter. If you want to share some vital information about the USA citizenship program, you can share it in the comment sections.
Jais Frank is a freelance content writer and enthusiastic blogger. He is the co-founder of
The Parents Magazine. He contributes to many authority blogs such as Tour and Travel Blog and Essay Writing Guides.