How to Become a Certified Ethical Hacker
Certified Ethical Hacker, termed as CEH defines a professional who is capable of identifying vulnerabilities in a system.
Usually, an ethical hacker works from the perspective of a malicious hacker, however, they have the ultimate goal to protect the security of the system. An Ethical Hacker utilizes the tools & techniques of the hacker to understand his chances. That way, he can eliminate the possible threats.
CEH certification program is concerned about the utilization of the special ability to hack in a lawful manner. It helps to ensure the security from possible threats. And it’s proven to more secure than a conventional security system.
CEH certification is provided by EC Council. EC Council refers to International Council of e-commerce consultants. Which is considered as the largest cyber security certification council?
The goal of EC is to provide security to the cyber world from possible threats. EC has certified over 200,000 professionals all over the world. And 145 country is under their global operation.
Now, let’s see how you get CEH certification. Two different exams are designed to test the candidate to their best. CEH Exam & CEH Practical Exam. We’re going to go through each of them one by one.
This is basically a theoretical exam to test your knowledge of information security. Eligibility to attend this test calls for certain qualification.
- Two years of experience is required in the information security domain.
- You’ll be required to provide proof of your experience upon application.
If you don’t have the experience, don’t be disheartened. You can still attend the exam by going through the official training program.
- 4 hours Exam Time
- Contains 125 multiple choice questions
- Cost is about $900-$1100
- Can vary in case if you take the training program
Now, if you ensure these and proceed to apply, you must know that it’s valid for 3 years. And the marks required to pass is not always certain. It is decided upon the exam and has a range between 60-85%. You can attend their official training programs to secure good marks in the exam.
CEH Practical Exam
Next, CEH Practical Exam. In practical exam, you’re tested with your skills. And the exam structure is also designed with respect to that.
- 6 Hour Exam
- 20 Challenge – Challenges are hands-on
- Have to attend the CEH Exam
- Cost is about $900-$1100
This is a certification program which ensures that the individual has some specific qualification. Let’s have a look at them
- To confirm that the individual has the professional capability of information security specialist & ethical hacker
- Recommends the individual in the purpose of providing security to the system as well as to penetrate them to test them.
- Establishes Ethical Hacking & Ethical in a professional way to the world.
EC has taken measures to ensure the safety of information online. Being certified by EC as a CEH not only provides recognition but also makes individual a part of a community that is working to make a safer world.