WorldExecutivesDigest | How to Boost Productivity of Your Employees? | Although many business owners might not pay attention, improving employee productivity is quite essential. While compulsion can alleviate retention rate and generate results only to a certain extent, a few tips such as defining goals, indulging in transparent communication, incentivising, etc., can benefit surprisingly. For details, please check out the below-mentioned pointers.
- Define Goals Clearly
You can never expect employees to perform optimally if they are not aware of the targeted goals that your company is planning to achieve. Make sure to specify each element of an assignment clearly, and resolve queries right away.
- Create a Family Like Ambience
We are not asking you to treat your staff the same way as your parents but still help them feel wanted and appreciated. You can think of them as extended family members. For building a strong team, first create a positive atmosphere, which enhances the safety quotient.
Acknowledging the efforts of each employee by giving them incentives would escalate productivity in unimaginable ways. Although diverse options are available, a few popular ones you can try without hesitation are as follows:
- PTO or Paid Time Off– Instead of a raise or bonus, you can allow workers to take time off without worrying about payroll deduction.
- Team Out- Taking your entire team for happy hour, lunch or dinner is a great gesture. You can also arrange a fun weekend getaway.
- Handwritten Note– Some employers send workers small handwritten notes recognising their great work.
- Wellness Programme– Wellness programmes have managed to acquire widespread popularity. They reduce sick leaves.
- Monday Coupons– We all are aware of Monday Blues or sadness we all feel when coming to the office after the weekend. Some companies have taken this brilliant initiative to let employees arrive late on Mondays. Now isn’t that great?
- Transparent Communication
Are you one of those bosses who hardly speak to their employees? If yes, please consider changing your habit immediately. Top-notch entrepreneurs have repeatedly stated that communication is essential to have a productive workforce. While interacting through email or phone appears enough, sometimes you must have face-to-face discussions.
- Embrace Telecommuting
Accept telecommuting as soon as possible. Letting employees work from their homes might seem like a risky option because how exactly can you know they would be productive when nobody is watching them. The reality, however, is the opposite. Studies have proven comfort and convenience allow individuals to complete tasks much more adeptly.
A large number of colossal organisations from all across the globe are investing in quality HR Services. A qualified, proficient, and reliable professional is hired to help employees achieve self-awareness, clarify and accomplish objectives, unlock potential, and behave like a sounding board. Few tips your team can implement when preparing for such a training session include:
- Be open to brand-new perspectives.
- Listen and offer feedback.
- Commit rather than merely participate.
- Apply lessons learned.
Besides implementing tactics specified above, business owners should consider the bigger picture under all circumstances. Aspects that seem unimportant might act as an advantage in the long run. So, prior to vetoing anything or anyone out as an apparent waste of time, see if it or they could be utilized efficiently later. Celebrating victories even when they are minor also make a difference.