15 Inspirational Quotes From 15 Extraordinary Women
Women play many roles and they try their best to achieve as much as they can. There are times though that these women will just stop what they are doing and think whether they have made the right decision, if the effort was worth it all or if it is time to just drop everything and leave. Here are some quotes to help you think through your challenges:
- “If I stop to kick every barking dog I am not going to get where I’m going.” – Jackie Joyner Kersee. Choose your battles. If you give the time of day to all your detractors, you are not going to achieve anything in life.
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.” – Helen Keller. Believe in what you set out to do. In the end, success will come your way.
- “You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. You carry the passport to your own happiness.” – Diane von Furstenberg. Your happiness and your success is in your hands. Do not depend on anyone else for this.
- “I was smart enough to go through any door that opened.” – Joan Rivers. Do not be afraid to grab any opportunity that comes your way. That might be the road to success.
- “When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.” – Malala Yousafzai. If no one wants to make a stand on a controversial issue, do not be afraid to make your voice heard. Your voice might be enough to change the minds of powerful people.
- “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” – Golda Meir. You have what to takes to achieve your goals. Take the time to discover your hidden talents. That is the key to your success.
- “I did not get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.” – Estee Lauder. In the end, you have to work hard in order to attain your goals.
- “Power is not given to you. You have to take it.” – Beyonce Knowles Carter. Whatever you do in life, you have to work hard for it. It is not served on a silver platter.
- “The difference between successful people and other is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves.” – Barbara Corcoran. If you want to be successful, you have to pick up yourself and do what you have to do in order to succeed. Stop wasting your time feeling sorry for yourself.
- “You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.” – Shonda Rimes. Think beyond the box and see what you can do. Believe that you can do it and this will start your journey to success.
- “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” – Lucille Ball. If you have the time and the means to do what you want to do, just go out and do it. This will prevent you from dwelling on the “what ifs.”
- “You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe,” – Leymah Gbowee. Use your heart and your soul when you deal with people. That way, you will be able to make a mark on their lives.
- “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” – Dolly Parton. If you are tired of how your life is going, it’s time for you to make that change. Your life is in your hands.
- “You can’t give up! If you give up, you’re like everybody else.” – Chris Evert. Do not give up when you are face with challenges. Always find a silver lining in that challenge and work your way to find and keep that silver lining.
- “One of the secrets of staying young is to always do things you don’t know how to do, to keep learning.” – Ruth Reichi. You are never too old to learn something new. That is the key to keeping you young at heart.
About the Author:
Anne Ruth Dela Cruz is a seasoned writer who has interests in health, wellness and business start ups. She has also dabbled in corporate communications and public relations. A mother of four, Anne also loves videoke sessions and reading a good book. My posts appear on: Negosentro, World Executives Digest, Executive Chronicles, Get Health Access, and Trade & Travel Journal.